Network Marketing And MLM Made Easier
What is Network Marketing?
Network Marketing, or MLM, is a marketing system that compensates individuals for promoting direct sales of a company’s products. It also pays a percentage on the sales of your down line(Distributors you bring into the Company)
Old School Tactics
In traditional network marketing you are taught various techniques to enroll new distributors. These methods have proved very effective for a small minority.
1. Know your “Why” Why are you building a business? If your “why” is big enough, you can do this!
2. Create a list of 100 names. In theory every one knows about 100 people. Your sponsor has write down the names of family members, friends,co-workers, the mailman, etc until you have 100. This is your “Warm Market”
3. “Share” your product and the opportunity with them. Just go up to your list and tell them what you are doing.
4. “The Three Foot Rule” When you run out of people on your warm market list you strike up a conversation with any one you run into during your daily life.
The goal of these steps is to get your prospects to a meeting, either at some ones home or a Hotel, to be shown how the business works and the income potential. This is usually done by someone that is already successful who can get sell the prospects on the opportunity. This works great at the time, but in the morning reality sets in.
Your prospect may sign up, but will they do anything once the excitement wears off? Or will they need constant pushing to get them to do what they really didn’t want in the first place?
Why The Old Methods Don’t Work For Everyone
1. Your Why. This one is actually crucial, You need to know why you’re willing to put in the hours and days to build a Home Based Business. A business requires a lot of work, whether it is a corner Hot Dog Stand or a Home Based Business. Do you want more time with your friends and family? Do you want a larger income? Or do you just hate your job? Whatever the reason, you need to know it.
2.Your list of names. The problem is that most of the people you approach are not interested and couldn’t care less about the opportunity. You can very quickly find yourself an unwanted visitor. Your friends and family might listen politely at first,but they will either start to avoid you or tell you straight out “Stop pushing your business on me.”
3. Share your Opportunity. If you have a good meal at a restaurant and tell your friends about it that’s sharing. Now if you own the restaurant it’s selling, not sharing. You’re only sharing if you have nothing to gain from it.
4.The Three Foot Rule. Network Marketers are taught “You can’t say the wrong thing to the right person” and “You can’t say the right thing to the wrong person.” So, “When in doubt, blurt it out!!” A lot of people feel foolish doing this, and it shows. When you’re uncomfortable doing or saying something the person you’re talking to will pick up on it.
The New Method–Attraction Marketing
The “Why” remains the same, the how changes.
1. Use The Internet to get leads. Create content about your product and/or opportunity and put it where interested people can find it.
2. Give something of value to them in exchange for their contact information.
3. Use Automatic marketing tools to build a relationship before trying to sell any thing.
Those are the basics of Attraction Marketing, there will be a more detailed entry soon.