So, you want a New and Unique Header for your Blog and you don’t like for what you have found with so far.
The offerings you’ve seen tend to be kind of blah on one hand and just too over the top on the other.
Too much or not enough, do you settle for a nondescript Blog Header that, while Unique, doesn’t really do the right job? You’re not Plain Jane or Average Joe, your Blog Header shouldn’t be, either.
You also don’t want that other Blog Header you were offered, it’s so flashy it blinds Blog Visitors to your admittedly Awesome Content.
Or, even worse, what if you can’t afford to pay for a New Blog Header, and none of the Free Blog Headers fit the bill?
Create Your Own Blog Header
Create? You mean Make?
Yes, you can make your very own, Unique Blog Header using just a Digital Camera and your PC.
Sorry Mac users, I don’t have a Mac and I’m not sure how the directions would work on a Mac. But, I bet you Mac users are smart enough to adapt the process to your own use.
Easy Blog Header Creation
- First thing you need is a Digital picture that relates to your Blog Title.
- Next, store the picture on your hard-drive.
- Now, navigate to your picture and right-click it,
- Click on ‘Edit’
- When the Window opens click on ‘Resize’, click on ‘pixels’ and set the picture Height to your desired Blog Header Height.
- Stretch the right hand side of your picture to 1,000 pixels.
- You should now have your original picture with a blank white space to the right.
- Click ‘Select’ on the drop down menu click ‘Select All’ then drag your picture to the far right.
- Click ‘Save As’ and name your New Blog Header.
That’s the basic process to create a New Blog Header from your own Snap Shot, but with a bit of creativity you can take it as far as you wish to go.
You can add color the white area, you can add the Blog Title, even a Banner, if you want. Explore your options!
That is the process I use to create new Headers for my Blogs using the Atahualpa Theme, hence the 1,000 pixel Header Size. With the Atahualpa Theme you don’t need to add a Title to your Blog Header, the is a Title overlay option.
To see it done watch the video below.